Thursday, January 15, 2009

Pop! Culture

For some strange reason I have really been drawn to only one of the "contest" shows on reality television. Sean, who is able to update anyone as to the current status of every contestant on American Idol, does not share my extreme enthusiasm in America's Best Dance Crew. True, both of these shows involve Randy Jackson, but they are different in nature. The clothing of a few American Idol contestants cannot compare with all the theatrical gear of the teams competing for the ABDC title. Groups of dancers choosing to either match completely, or coordinate is far more enticing to me as a viewer. In all of its seasons I have yet to actually cast a vote. My fascination is truly about body, movement, and clothing. So here I am watching the beginning of season 3, and I am excited to see what everyone will be wearing.

No comments: